Monday, May 30, 2011

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday, buts its like my Friday cause tomorrow they let me stay home and do whatever I like for 3 days. I could build like a big tower out of kitchen misc! or cook a 3 day roast, or smoke a whole ham.
I'd love to do that, because I live at home and I could actually work for 5 days and then spend all the money on a whole pig that I would smoke in the weekend. What a life I could lead!
Today was pretty good for a Tuesday. The guys at work found a huge bunch of shoes in the dumpster from no 1 shoe warehouse, so they dug them out and are going to donate them to Fiji.
I got a free half strength flat white, which was pretty much just warm milk, and ate all the edges off a fudge slice.
The magic slice had a shade too little condensed milk in the biscuit base, so a whole bunch of it was too crumbly to sell, I got to take it home! I also got some free dutch Christmas cookie balls, that they apparently use for a sort of lolly scramble except with spiced cookies.
Other things I have now tried at the cafe include, krokets (awesome), Pickled herring (delicious), reaaly salty liquorice (almost made me throw up), a dutch late (with aniseed, very tasty).
I really want to try the custard squares they make at the cafe, look amazing.
We also got some new teapots in the cafe that are super shiny and pretty. I told a couple of old ladies I served that they were lucky to use them, as we had just got them yesterday, the cafe was quite excited. One lady pointed out if that was the most exciting thing in my day...
Totally bummed out.
On the way home I biked past a group of cathedral grammer kids, two eight year old girls, one leading a little boy about four or five, who had only one shoe on. I just managed to hear one girl say to the other; "hey maddy... did he have two shoes on back at the place?"

3 comments:

  1. SHIT SON! where do you work you proletariat you!
    I need a job for the month I'm down, any vacancies? I am a proficient scowler, I could scare off any unsavoury characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your down for a month? shitdaughter! Sorry, we don't have any vacancies at the moment, but you should track down where the coffee club people have headed to and ask them. And we mostly serve lovekly old ladies, but there are a few mean old ladies you could deal to

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could befriend them and start a scowling circle

    ReplyDelete